Hi All!

From: Qwntm@Prodigy.net
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 20:33:44 PST

Hi Everybody,

I have a 1982 WWP15 Hull/sail number 1205 named "Sunrise," which I have sailed around Portland, Oregon for the past three years.

And I was just curious if anybody else gets a little seepage in around the centerboard bolt while sailing? Is this what the references to "sponging" were all about? I think some water also comes in through the slot in the top of the C/B trunk, but only when it's choppy. I'm thinking of installing a bronze drain plug in the transom so I can hose the little bit of river water out after I sail each time. I have checked all the usual suspects like the cockpit drain and have narrowed it down to some kind of delamination around the centerboard bolt. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ed