Re: centre board cable

From: Dave & Francesca Kautz (dfkautz@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 13 2000 - 19:17:02 PST

Rich, try thinking of like this: If there were only one line running
between the daggerboard and the cabin top it would have to support the
entire three hundred plus pounds by itself. When you add more sheaves
the line passes multiple times between the daggerboard and the cabin
roof and the weight of the board is shared. Two double blocks usually
means there are four segments of line supporting the load, each one
carrying 1/4 of it.

Dave Kautz
P-15 #1632, Tilly Lucy
Palo Alto, CA