Re: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer.

From: Marilyn Dimson-Doyle (mddoyle@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:55:58 PST

Hi Dennis,
    The posting comes from www.Immc.com/sites/mnthoc.htm which is a site for
Live Aboard Magazine & Marine Chandlery. The site offers a number of other
site locations one of them being Dr Carl Adler - Sailboat Calculation Site.
All of the figures shown come from that calculation.
    I found it intriguing because I am currently reading "Desirable and
Undesirable Characteristics of Offshore Yachts", edited by John Rousmaniere.
One of the points of interest in the book is stability and causes of
capsizing. They give a simplified formula to use in determining capsize
vulnerability. I wanted to compare their formula with the results of Dr
Adler's computation. (fairly close).
    Given the recent discussion on the topic, I thought it might be
interesting to some to know about Dr. Adler's site and the figures that his
formula produces for the Potter (as well as other boats). Also would like
to hear what seasoned sailors like yourself think of it. (Something to do
while watching the snow melt).
Alan
P-19"?"