Re: P19 capsize

From: Kellan Hatch (kellan_hatch@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 19:58:31 PST

The only P-19 capsize I've heard of involved full sails and keel fully
retracted. Serious oops. I keep a bright orange bungee wrapped around my
mast to hold the main halyard tight against the mast while the main is
lowered. The only way to hoist the main is to remove the bungee. This is
my 'string around the finger' that reminds me never to hoist without making
sure the keel is down.

Kellan Hatch
P-19 #1059, Moondance
Murray, Utah