RE: MPH Meter and my humminbird platinum

From: Dickerson, Richard (Richard.Dickerson@TTMC.TTUHSC.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 09:57:36 PST

One problem with any of the impeller driven systems is that all of them
measure your speed in relationship to the water. An inaccurate reading will
be obtained if there are currents present. Most of the good GPS receivers
will give you an accurate "land speed" if they are receiving more than three
satellites. You can use the difference in the speed to get a feel for
current speed.

Richard Dickerson, Ph.D., DABT
Associate Professor, TIEHH and
Department of Pharmacology