Re: terrifying the uninitiated... <EBG> or [N] Capsize Value [N] -

From: Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 17:23:49 PST

On the contrary Cliff!
The numbers bear me out, the Old Town Canoe is the most stable. Who is going
to argue with a precise mathematical formula? In fact I tow an Old Town Loon
138T kayak behind my P-19. If the forward lookout spots a 30 foot (17.8
knot-second) wave bearing down upon us, we will retire to the safety and
comfort of the Loon until the wave passes. If, by chance, my noble P-19
survives the tsunami onslaught we shall then board her and continue on our
way. I hope this puts to rest your concerns about my jests towards canoes.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache Loon 138T