Anti-fouling Paint

From: Robert Kalisz (bckalisz@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 20 2000 - 11:53:51 PST

Last year I kept my P-19 on a mooring and could not believe the "stuff"
that grew on the bottom. Even though it came off relatively easy, I want
to put fresh water anti-fouling paint on the bottom. I figure the jelly
type pods that developed cost some speed.

Three choices from West Marine:
Their branded CPP Copolymer Ablative or
Micron CSC or
ACP-50

Since I can buy a decent bottle of bourbon with the difference in price,
does anyone have experience with the CPP ablative paint?

Both claim multi season: How many seasons can you really expect? I hope
they don't mean spring, summer and fall!

Will one gallon provide enough coverage for two coats on the bottom of
P-19? I'm not really interested in dong a base coat of one color and then
finish off with a second color.

Is the thinner really necessary?

Thanks for your help

Bob Kalisz