RE: Refinishing Teak - what a difference!

From: Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2000 - 09:37:58 PST

> I put 1" vinyl striping on the sidewalls of the cabin just below the
> corners, like the original graphics on HMS #1.
>
> You wouldn't believe it's the same boat. It makes the cabin look
> MUCH lower
> and less boxy, because it lowers the "apparent" height of the
> crowned cabin
> down to the height of the side walls. It makes the whole boat look 3 feet
> longer.
>
> I also put a curved cove stripe on the transom, just below the rubrail,
> rather than a straight one or none at all. It softens the boxy
> look of the
> transom a little.

Dangit Judy, you beat me to a good idea >again< :) Yeah, that cabin
treatment is basically the look I'm going for, though I might try to do it
in varnished wood. I'm not yet sure how I'll get the from section to bend,
but I'm still thinking this one through. I might just give up and do the
vinyl thing - it sure does look nice.