Copy of: Where to wrtie regarding LAWS re PFDs

From: Bill Zeitler (WZeitler@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2000 - 07:02:14 PST

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: Bill Zeitler, 74211,1362
TO: Herm, INTERNET:HOPPLE@EPIX.net
DATE: 2/23/00 9:51 AM

RE: Copy of: Where to wrtie regarding LAWS re PFDs

Herm,

I phoned the USCG info line [ 1-800-368 - 5647 ] this morning. After
waiting for 5 " push this for that" automated voice messages, a very
pleasant human female told me that to write my opinons regarding proposed
new __LAWS__ about PFDs... mandatory wearing ....to write to:

U. S. Department of Transportation
Room PL 401
400 7th Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20590

I think my letter will be along the lines of : I believe people should
hook up their seatbelts when driving their cars, people should wear
helmets when riding motorcycles and/or bikes, people should not talk on
handheld cell phones while driving cars, and I believe boaters SHOULD wear
 PFDs WHEN CONDITIONS, AGES OF PASSENGERS, ETC. merit___...but I'm NOT in
favor of mandatory new LAWS to require wearing of PFDs at all times. My
reading regarding pleasure boating deaths seem to indicate that excess
booze is really the main problem and not the not-wearing of PFDs at all
times.

Besides.....who can make love in a canoe with a PFD on anyway ? ;-D>

Bill
" Amenity "
Wilmington, DE