Re: 1st sailing adventure WalkerBay 8 Sail Dinghy

From: Brent and Laura Wilson (backforty2@lisco.com)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 03:13:50 PST

> 3. The little vang dosent work very well, the rope seems to too easily
> slip through the plastic v notch fitting on the boom underside. I had
> keep tightening it and that was hard with a hand on the tiller and the
> other on the free main sheet.

Thomas,
        I rigged a small block on to the vang cleat on the boom and then bought a
larger size line. I now run the vang from the hole on the mast step, though
the block on the boom, and down to the vang cleat. All the lines on the
boat except the main sheet are too small in my opinion. I replaced them
all. I also rigged up a sliding tack(?) to make my sail roller
reefing/furling. I just unhook the boom from the mast, release the sail,
and roll the sail around the mast.
Have fun,
        Brent Wilson
        P-15#657