oil for 2 cycle engine

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 11:03:23 PST

Strange anyone would suggest it is necessary to be all the specialized--although I guess if I were selling some "special" oil I would do so too! For years, I used regtular 30 wt. engine out as the "2 cycle" oil for an old Sears air cooled outboard. It finally died, but because the magnetto and such went bad. No problems at all with combustion/compression. And British Seagulls say to use 2 cycle BUT if not available, use regular oil. Mike