Hong Kong

From: bill payne (bilpayne@gte.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 04:10:35 PST

PooPs,
My friends on the Nalu 4 are preparing to make a passage from Hong Kong to
Japan, Russia and then to Seattle. There is space for crew from Hong Kong
to Japan, and probable crewspace on to Russia. Hokkaido, Japan to Seattle,
I understand, is filled.
I've mailed for dates. Here is my information:

Glad you will be able to make Russian part of the trip. We are still
working on visas. You should probably make an application there. We will be
visiting Nakhodka. We are being sponsored by the Antares Yacht Club. Also,
send us your passport number so we can include that on this end of the
paperwork.

Plan to bring charts and books with you, no need to mail. If the coastal
pilots cover Alaska and Aleutians separately, we will still need them. We
will probably stop in Adak in the Aleutians for a break before pushing on
to Kodiak, hence we should have stuff that covers it all.

What is your schedule? When do you arrive in Japan? We do need some extra
hands for HK to Japan, but that is probably too long for the Dining Kitchen
gang. We still hope that Kiichiro will be along, but there may be a
conflict with his school schedule.

Anybody interested? Nalu 4 is a 48' racing sloop. Jim and Diana are
finishing a 4 year circumnavagation of the Pacific. They did a 7 year
world circle prior to that.

Bill Payne
Poop 15 #1075
Pilgrim