Re: Wear from beaching

From: Steve Eustace (eustacesteve@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 12:27:24 PST

>From: "Thomas Grimes" <tgrimes@gw.bsu.edu>
>
>Do you (or does anyone else on the net) have any knowledge of fixes
>for wear on the skegs of an old Potter14 or 15, said wear being due to
>beaching the boat?

Hi Tom,

Years ago when I was a Hobie Cat sailor, I used to "refresh" the bottoms of
my hulls each spring with a couple of coats of gel coat. At first I went to
great effort to fill the gouges, smooth it out and make it perfect. I got
over this in a hurry as it would begin to wear off each time I beached the
boat. The most painless approach was to simply brush a couple of coats
along the affected bottom edges. This provided a sacrificial coating which
was easy to renew.

I haven't heard from you in a while. Do you get to the Dallas area anymore?

Best regards,

Steve Eustace
P15 #1157
Euless, Texas

Do you need a "Plan B"? Learn how you can launch your own internet biz.
http://www.rexall.com/rxforsuccess