Hey Dennis!

From: Lars S. Mulford (mulford@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 17:32:13 PST

Dennis W. Farrell wrote:

> Lars: since you elected to post your personal comments regarding me to the
> Potter List, I will make one attempt to answer it.

Hey there Dennis!

Mention you by name? I didn't. But if the shoe fits.. I emailed my feelings
to you in a private email and sent a general one to the listserv.

> [For the record, I was not self-appointed.]

Ummm, yeah right.

> Your note was pompous, self-important, and in all respects incorrect. None
> surprise me.

Maybe thats why we butt heads Dennis! We're so alike! My note was in defense
of a friend. Your take on it matters absolutely zero to me.

FWIW, here is what Geoff had to say about it. (This is with his permission.)

> Thanks for your support, Lars!
>
> I don't think he was joking, but I have pretty thick skin. I did not feel as
> though responding would accomplish anything, it would only cause further
> confrontation.
>
> I am kind of used to it. I only have one living relative, my sister, who
> sounds very much like Dennis. She has virtually no sense of humor,
> everything is very serious. She gets offended if I see humor in a situation.
> She does not like jokes. Dennis may be the same way. It's just different
> personalities. The unfortunate thing, that I really cannot understand, is
> that people who take life so seriously want to change everyone else. They
> take some weird kind of offense at anything that might make people laugh. As
> far as I'm concerned, if they want to go through their lives without a smile,
> that's OK with me. It's their lives. Just don't try to change me. If they
> don't enjoy humor, they should ignore funny situations and go ahead and live
> their lives in stress.
>
> Sailor's, as a whole, I believe, are light-hearted and enjoy a laugh. Power
> boaters and those who like sailing only to race and beat other's to the mark,
> on the other hand, are competitive and serious. That's a big generalization
> but I think you'd find it true. I don't see Dennis as a sailor. I cannot
> imagine spending a whole day with him on a boat. The difference between
> Dennis and I reminds me of a quote I once heard describing the difference
> between a power boater and a sailor: In a power boat you will get there in a
> hurry. In a sailboat, you are already there.
>
> Speaking of gems, I was accused of being a boat bum the other day and the
> person said, "Do you know the difference between a CD and a boat bum? A CD
> matures with age". Dennis probably thinks he's really mature. That's good
> for him.
>
> Geoff
>
> P-15 Lollipop
> Sail (hull?) number: 1961
> N. Lake Tahoe, NV and
> Monterey, CA--Soon to be Tampa, FLA
>
> P.S. I have sent this directly to you. If you feel it's worth passing on to
> the list, go ahead and forward to the list. Dennis might enjoy it! :-)

--Lars