Re: Nissan 5hp Props

From: Glenn D. Perkins (glenn@westwightpotter.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 16:58:03 PST

Dear Dave,

Thanks for the information, it's nice to see that Nissan is working on their
web-site.

A couple of things about prop pitch and higher RPM's -

More RPM's will mean more fuel consumption and increased engine wear. Be
sure to shorten your interval between oil and gear case fluid changes. But I
agree with Nissan that these small engines do need to turn the RPM's to get
the maximum performance.

Let me know how your tests go, over the long term, while considering the
variables. If you're impressed with the performance, I will keep the 7" prop
in stock or see if we can order the engines that way.

Regards,

Glenn D. Perkins
IM/West Wight Potter