Re: Nissan 5hp Props

From: Eric Johnson (etj@nwlink.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 01:17:25 PST

>Thanks for the information, it's nice to see that Nissan is working on their

>web-site.
>
>A couple of things about prop pitch and higher RPM's -
>
>More RPM's will mean more fuel consumption and increased engine wear. Be
>sure to shorten your interval between oil and gear case fluid changes. But
>agree with Nissan that these small engines do need to turn the RPM's to get

>the maximum performance.
>
>Let me know how your tests go, over the long term, while considering the
>variables. If you're impressed with the performance, I will keep the 7" prop

>in stock or see if we can order the engines that way.

If you happen to get some in stock, can you let the list (or at least, me!)
know? I wouldn't mind buying a spare prop (or getting the 7" to use and keep
my stock one as a spare), but can't find anyone locally who stocks (or even
catalogues, for that matter) a 7" tohatsu or nissan prop.

Also, anything new going on at the factory? I used to periodically get a newsletter
a couple times each year that was kinda neat to read that let us know what's
new from IM's perspective. Or is this all handled on the web site now? Any progress
being made on an east coast production location?

http://www.nwlink.com