Tanbark, CDI-ready lapper for sale - $175

From: Judith Franklin Blumhorst, DC (DrJudyB@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:54:00 PST

Hi folks,

I'm getting the fourth and last of Redwings new suit of tanbark sails in
about a month. So I'm selling the lapper that came with her as soon as the
new one is delivered. It's in decent shape, but the color doesn't match my
new tanbark mainsail at all. It was the best of the three old sails that
came with Redwing, so it was the last one that I'm replacing.

It's about 6-10 years old. It is a custom sail of excellent quality made by
Windjammer, the Hood/Quantum Sails affiliate in Canada. It was originally
designed for use on a Harken furler and has a tanbark sunbrella UV cover on
it. The cut is almost identical to the factory lapper, with the high clew.
It came with Redwing and I had the luff converted for the CDI in early 1999.
A new custom sail of similar quality today would cost about $600-700.

Overall, I'd rate it to be in about the same condition as a factory original
sail that has seen 3-5 years of use on SF Bay. It's not as flat as brand
new, but it's by no means "blown out" either. It's not "crinkly new" by any
means, but the cloth is still sound, and the stitching is still good.

This is the same sail that I've been using for the last year to keep up with
Jerry Barrilleaux (he has a new factory lapper) so you know it can't be too
bad!

Asking $175 + postage

Fair winds,
Judy B