Motor Mount Vibration, Bigger Rig, P15

From: Mike Stallings (stallings_mike@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 07 2000 - 11:36:36 PST

     Some of us have a problem with outboard motor vibration and/or a
delaminating motor mount. Recently I saw a good idea on someone else's P15.
  He wound some line tightly around his transom. It looks good, holds it
together, and probably absorbs at least some of the vibrations. It was
secured simply, without any knots. The first section of line was placed
across the top of the transom, and the remainder was wrapped across it. The
other end was tucked under the adjacent loop.

     I also noticed on this same P15 that the mast was leaning noticeably
forward. I assume this is a bad thing, but maybe someone knows something I
don't.

     Finally, my P15 could stand some more canvas. I consider the P15 to be
a "high wind" boat. You can always reef and fly downwind, so it's light
wind pointing that matters. Has anyone tried a taller sloop rig on their
P15? Also, I'm interested in locating a used P15 spinnaker.

Mike
P15 #1589 Alexandria VA