Re: Help Please

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2000 - 13:17:30 PST

I have one main complaint with my P-19. It's a serious one, but you
might not have this problem with it. There are work-arounds to this
major problem, but I simply can't seem to make them work for me, yet.

Oh, the problem? Not enough sailing time. :-)

Seriously...

Allen, it'd be easier, I think, to ask specific questions rather than
asking everyone to just offer suggestions. I definitely can't answer on
the factory angle as I've not dealt with them. I've overnighted in mine,
and it was comfortable, although I seemed to be up every hour or two to
check the anchor and the distance to shore. :-) She was _my_ first
"real" sailboat and I found her an easy and very forgiving lady.

My only problem is with single-handing her. This Potter list has helped
me to get a long ways towards being able to accomplish this. The P-19
won't come from the factory rigged for single-handed sailing, but from
what I've read on the list, IM will work with you to get you the boat
you want. If this is a consideration, there are some things you can ask
IM to have done that will make it much easier to rig for single-handled
sailing. Most all of it is routing lines towards the cockpit and an
easier way of raising (and more importantly lowering) the mast solo than
the grunt and brawn method.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, "Dream Catcher"