P19/P15- Stuff for sale and free -- SF Bay Area

From: Judith Franklin Blumhorst, DC (DrJudyB@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 15:22:00 PST

Ahoy,

My yard and garage look too much like a boatyard. Time to do some spring
cleaning. Some of my extra stuff needs to find a new home where it will be
used.

FREE: If anybody needs one, I have the original **BOOM** with gooseneck
that came with my P19. Exactly the same as the new P19 boom. It's up for
grabs. It would be very difficult to ship something 8 feet long, so you'll
have to come get it. It's quite functional. Could easily be adapted for
use on a P15.

FREE: the orignal tanbark **P19 MAINSAIL** is sitting gathering dust in my
attic. It's usable, but... The original owner left it flaked on the boom
in the sun for a season or two without a sailcover, so it looks a little
"tie-died" where the sun faded it :^) He also had the batten pockets
removed and the roach cut in a straight line from the head to the clew.
That's called a swedish leech I think. I don't know why he did that to the
sail -- maybe just in case he got caught in a hurricane or something? He
sailed Redwing all over the west coast single handed, so maybe he figured it
was a safety feature?!? It has two reefs in it, sail slugs and a loose
foot. I can mail it to you if you don't live around here. Just send me
$5-10 for the postage.

HALF PRICE: two lengths of high-test 3/8" galvanized **ANCHOR CHAIN**.
(1)about 20'for $30 and (1) about 12-15 feet for $20. That's less than
half of what it costs new at West Marine. This stuff is WAY too heavy to
ship, so you'll have to pick it up in person.

REALLY, REALLY CHEAP: USCG approved throw-able PFD seat cushions. You need
at least one aboard to be legal. I finally got some SOPAC closed cell
cushions for the cockpit. I'll give 'em to you at the next Potter Sail for
$2 each or buy me a cup of hot coffee or a beer.... or just take 'em for
free. What the heck :^)

CHEAP: USCG approved life vests. $5-10 each. We have way too many of
them.

FREE: Stripped Force 5 hull. Come and get it out of my yard.

Stay tuned for more stuff as I sort through my boxes of rigging hardware and
line....

Fair winds, Judy B