Re: HOW DO YOU SKULL? TOPPING LIFT BLOCKl

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@hpbs1686.boi.hp.com)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 15:01:04 PST

Chris,

I have used this, and I'd not want to do this even for 5 yards. It will
work but the effort expended is hardly worth it. I wouldn't use it for
anything more than getting those last few feet to dock if you misjudge.

I sent Russ a note about using an oar to scull, and with the oar you can
go quite a ways without too much effort expended once you get going.

In heavy current or headwind, I wouldn't want to rely on it either, but
for just getting out of a slip to where you can raise sails and sail in
a lake, it's a viable substitute for the iron sail.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, "Dream Catcher"
Nampa, ID