Things are jumping at IM

From: Bill Boyer (antares6527@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 07:22:34 PST

Potterphiles,

Yesterday, I took my two sons to IM in Inglewood, CA
to see where our P-15, Lil, was built. Lil is featured
at the IM home page (http://www.westwightpotter.com/).
She is the Yellow one.

The place is jammed with new boats coming off the
assembly line. Many of the new hulls sport colors with
contrasting color boot stripes along the gunwales. I
was told that during one recent week over 20 orders
for new boats were booked! If you are interested in
the various stages of construction, I recommend a
visit to the factory if you are in the area. Yes, the
P15 centerboard pins are glassed over. It was
interesting to watch the workman pour and sculpt the
foam floatation on the underside of the interior
assembly of the P-15. This is done before the interior
and exterior are bonded together.

Glenn Perkins is most hospitable. IM maintains a large
inventory of spare parts. I also met Larry Hart, owner
of IM. He said the word about Potters is really
getting out.

Bill Boyer
Aliso Viejo, CA
P-15 Lil