Tidal Flow and Other Mysteries of the Sea

From: alan dimson-doyle (addoyle@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 14:26:45 PST

HI Michael,
    I was just rereading your response(3/4/00) to my question concerning
what are must haves on a P-19. You note that one should "never fight a
serious tidal flow with your outboard". What do you consider a serious
tidal flow? I assume you are saying that the outboard is limited in what it
can do. I was just wondering what is that limitation. When should I begin
to worry? And what does one do if you find yourself in such a situation of
being overpowered by a tidal flow? Thanks for your help.
Alan
P-19 "Molly Fay"
New Englander