Re: Tahoe Potter Sail

From: GSTahoe@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 18 2000 - 21:22:28 PST

In a message dated 3/18/00 7:08:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rlreno@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< This will leave a serious gap in local Potterdom. Have you found
 someone to take over planning the annual Tahoe trip? If so, who is the
 lucky person? If not, we are willing to take it on.

 At any rate, thanks for the great job you did organizing these sails.
 We had a wonderful time at the two we attended. >>

As a matter-of-fact, I am writing this from Monterey, CA where I am here to
pick up my Potter and scuba gear before heading to Florida. I will be
leaving Nevada about Apr 1--no April fool's comments, please!

The Tahoe sail has been done enough that the restaurant and marina know us
pretty well. If anyone wants to take on the responsibility for counting
heads and starting recalcitrant seagull O/B's, let me know. I'll fill that
person in on who to talk with and what the numbers are. One minor confession:
 The only outboard I remember that wouldn't start was two year's ago. It was
a flooded Honda 2 four stroke. Oh well.

By the way, I have decided to purchase a Packet Cat 35. I have my choice of
three of them and will be making my "final answer" as soon as I get to
Florida. The Packet Cat, made by Island Packet Yachts, is a little smaller
than most cruising cats. It is 35 feet LOA and has a beam of 15 feet. Most
of the cat's have a beam closer to 21 feet. That makes it difficult to get
into a lot of marina's. This yacht has two staterooms and two heads (most
cruising cats are four and four). There's lots of other differences, such as
incredible attention to detail and being a gorgeous boat, but I won't go into
that tonight.

Take care, all--
Here I am in Monterey on a Saturday night. I'm gonna go out and act like a
sailor! :-)

Geoff

P-15 Lollipop
Sail (hull?) number: 1961