Re: THE BRITISH SEAGULL ?

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 17:11:35 PST

Drew--

Meant to add in my previous message about Seagulls something about internal
vs. external tanks. It ought to be pretty rare when you'd need to fill the
tank underway anyway. I've done ours on rivers and, at least once, with
some waves. It wasn't all that difficult. Although some gas slops over the
side, most of it (or enough of it) gets into the tank.

I think it would be pretty easy to adapt an engine to an external tank.
Most newer engines have fittings you can buy. The Seagull should be even
easier. It has a hose going from the internal tank to the carburetor. I
think you could easily run the hose from the external tank provided you had
the tank higher and allowed gravity to work.
Mike

iginal Message -----