Re: THE BRITISH SEAGULL ? - external fuel tanks require fuel pumps

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 10:32:10 PST

Maybe. But I think the motor would be below the tank anyway, at least if
the gas tank is set on (and secured to) the cockpit seat. Gravity ought to
do it nicely. Or a tank could be mounted hanging off the transom or just
above it.

Re spillage. I think when reasonable people take reasonable precaution not
to slop a lot of gas in the water, they will be met by reasonable
enforcement action. If a few cups get sloshed, I doubt if anyone would get
a ticket. And I doubt if it would damage the environment. (I know, I am
about to hear stories. Nonetheless ...)Mike