Supercharged Economic Engine [N]

From: Jim Nolan (panache426@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 09:45:30 PST

I think the purchasing habits of the P-15's are determined more by the size
of the boat. The P-15 is no larger than a shopping cart, so one well planned
trip to West Marine would suffice. The deliberation involved is to determine
what gets ejected overboard to make room for the new item.
However the P-19 is a veritable shopping spree. It's volume is equal to at
least 25 shopping carts which for some, is a year's worth of biweekly trips
to West Marine. By the time it is full some of the early purchases have
weathered, worn out, become obselete or are just no longer novel and
interesting. So the cycle is repeated until spousal intervention.
In his recent address of March 21, Alan Greenspan has recognized that P-19
owners are the economic engine driving the economy. In order to slow the
economy a bit to avoid a transient inflation, Mr. Greenspan has suggested
that I.M. reduce the number of P-19s they build to reduce the strains on the
rapidly growing economy.

Jim Nolan P-19 #426 Panache Colorado