Re: Nissan 4 stroke idling problem

From: SolarFry@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 11:26:15 PST

My Past experience indicates you stored your motor without applying a fuel
stabilizer. This in turn caused artherisclerosis of the fuel lines and carb.
So... now you have resin coating inside of fuel lines and carburator from
fuel drying out in there.

If not too bad you may be able to clean with a high concentration of Valve
Tech Carburetor cleaner. You will need both the spray kind and the pour in
kind. You will need to drain fuel lines and fill with carb cleaner then fill
gas can with clean new virgin fuel adding the recommended dose of carb
cleaner and about 2 ounces more. Then you will have to run engine for 30
minutes. If this does not work you will have to disassemble carb and clean
all orifices including fuel lines. May be best to replace fuel lines.

Good luck!
SF

In a message dated 3/27/00 10:50:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,