Re: Balancing the helm when reefing

From: Mac Davis (mcmd@innet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 15:11:58 PST

Greetings, all:

Chris asked:
> Seriously, where does one find cheap weight? No wise cracks, now!! I
know
> it's a really easy one that I have opened up for a clear shot. I want to
place
> some more weight up front on my boat. I have heard of putting lead shot
(and
> other things) in the chain locker to get her nose down.
What is a good, cheap, weight, and where can I get it?

The best weight you can put in the forward portion of your P19/15 is 1 or
more 12v batteries. Not only are they heavy, there are formefit containers
with holddowns attached available, and they serve some other function
besides ballast. Ideal in all respects. In fact, they are so ideally
suited to being used on Potters that even when non-functional they provide
more lbs / buck than anything else.