Four Stroke Motors

From: Magico1@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 20:55:18 PST

   The Mercury, Nissan, Mariner, and Tohatsu four stroke motors are all the
same. The only thing different is the price. They are all made at the Tohatsu
plant. I like them better than the honda because they are lighter and quieter
because these motors exhaust through the propeller. The Johnsons and
Evinrudes aren't designed with a sailboat in mind. They are way too heavy,
and they have the tiller in the center. And then there is the Yamaha 4 HP 4
stroke, it is the lightest of the bunch because it has LOTS of PLASTIC! I got
turned off from this motor when I saw they used plastic on the starter
housing. The Nissan design is very simple to service, and the carburetor is
very easy to get at. Jerry Barrilleaux , Sunshine