Re: Balancing the helm when reefing

From: Alan Dimson-Doyle (addoyle@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 14:06:12 PST

Bruce, that is what I kind of thought the CDI was all about, but the way
Judy worded her message made me think that she had both a lapper and her
custom made storm jib on the CDI. In her message to Geoff she says, "We use
both the lapper and the storm jib on our CDI" and later on compares Chris'
rigging with her "stormsail and first reef." There was another place (which
I cannot not find at the moment where she makes mention of her custom-made
storm jib. So I thought she has two separate foresails. Can the CDI be
easily rigged with a different sail before leave the dock to accommodate
different conditions? Am I reading too much into what Judy is saying here?
I tend to make things more complex than necessary. Thanks for your input.
Alan
P-19 "Molly Fay"
New Englander