Re: Centerboard Mod on B-type Potter

From: Rye Gewalt (ryeg@vais.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 15:15:39 PST

Harry mentions: ...A possible minor drawback would be the slight added drag or
possible vibration of the underwater line.....

I had a Siren for a number of years and it had such a line going down to the
center board which was always under tension. While there is no doubt that it
produced some drag, the cable would start to "sing" when the boat was really
hauling. I thought it was a sign that the boat was happy and in it's natural
element and I was glad to sacrifice some drag to hear the boat responding. The
tone seemed to be related to speed too.

Rye