Re: P-15 centerboard -- modification?

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 11:08:13 PDT

I've also been crawling around under my P14, replacing a broken roller
bracket on the trailer. On my first generation U.S. Potter, it doesn't
appear there is enough clearance in the trunk to attach a shackle to the
board.

As far as cutting off the "nose," the pivot bolt is at the bottom of the
centerboard trunk, so it appears there would be a foot or so of material
above the pivot slot. I'll have to look at it specifically with regard to
what you observed; I'm probably missing the point.

Harry
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA