Potter Birthday

From: Sayer, Chris (ChrisSayer@StratfordGroup.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 16:16:45 PDT

Potter people -

Just discovered that it was a year ago today that I took delivery of Akala
at the IM facility. I guess that means that my "rookie season" is over.
It's been a great year... some memorable sails at Lake Casitas, SF Bay and
the Sacramento Delta have been highlights. If anyone from IM watches this
list, thanks for a great boat... She has lived up to all our expectations.
Thanks as well to the Potter Yachters, collectively a source of a great deal
of information on this little boat. I've had the pleasure of making a few of
the PY events, and hope to make several more this year.

Prospective Potter owners: After a year I have to say I have been quite
pleased with this purchase. The P15 is a very unique boat with some unique
characteristics and capabilities. If these match your needs, I think you
should be equally happy with it. They draw attention: I have yet to rig mine
without being approached by curious bystanders or sailors familiar with the
Potter. Regarding recent concerns on this board: I have not capsized, nor
have I felt that I was ever close to doing so. The P15 is extremely stable
for a 475 pound boat, but it is still a 475 pound boat, and I stay away from
40 knot winds and breaking seas.

Thanks all, see you on the water.

Chris Sayer
P15, #2380, Akala