RE: prevent black mold - rub rail

From: Tim Spofford (tims@spof.org)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 17:47:13 PDT

The 1988 HMS "manual" (typewritten, photocopied, crude line drawings) that I received with my 1990 P19 explicitly says to use acetone on the rubrails. I have the smaller (ca. 1" wide) rubrails that fit into a stainless channel. The manual also says acetone can be used on all the other parts of the boat EXCEPT the windows. Still, all of Judy's cautions seem (as usual) excellent and probably critical.