Re: [WWP] outboard motors

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 10:04:27 PDT

I have not. In facct, I don't have a M17. I have a Pearson Triton J(28.5',
8500#, 8'beam, 4'draft) which for several years I powered with a 8 hp
nissan. At 2/3rds throttle it did hull speed. I also powered it with a 3
hp British Seagull which pushed it 4 knots. Our Potter 15 is driv en by a
2.5 Nissan which is more than enough. So I expect the 2 hp 4 cycle would be
plenty since, at least as I understand it, they have considerable more
torque and oomph than 2 cycle 2 hp engines. Mike