Re: [WWP] Ballast

From: Michele Sladko (michele@whidbeyisland.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 08:51:18 PDT

I'm happy with carrying milk jugs filled with water stuffed into the anchor
stash.
A couple that don't fit up there I sit on the cushion and tie them by the
handles to the ones stuffed up front so they don't become loose ballast.

If I turtle, my ballast is the same weight as the water, (water ballast) so
it won't
drag the nose down anyway. Nice to have extra fresh water aboard for
emergency
washing of deck or who knows what else. Easy to replace when one has been
used.

Michele Sladko
P-15 #2254 "SeaHorse"
Oak Harbor, WA