Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: Bruce Hood (bhood@sunset.net)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 15:20:06 PDT

Curt, my set up time (P-15) seems to take me 45 minutes to an
hour from arrival at the parking lot to launch.. I'm inclined to go
slow trying to remember everything, and if you have any "extra"
stuff to hook up, boom vang, lines led to cockpit, etc. that also
slows things down. This gets even longer if someone wanders over
while I'm rigging and wants to talk Potter lore... " Hey, is that a
West Wight Potter....? If someone else is helping like one of my
sons, or wife Kathryn, i.e. people who know how to rig some of the
stuff themselves, then 20-25 minutes is more like it.. The time
gets shorter as the season advances, and a standard routine falls
further in to place.
cheers,
Bruce
Bruce Hood, P-15 "Aillte", Sail no. 1246 since 1985

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.