Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: Michael Smith (michaelconniesmith@home.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 17:17:27 PDT

The question about how long it takes to rig (especially a P-15) leads me to
ask how many folks rig on the trailer as opposed to in the water. We've
always rigged our trailerable sailboats on the trailer but it seems (maybe
especially so as I get less agile!) that rigging in the water sounds pretty
sensible. On a P-15 it's pretty easy no matter where since stepping the
mast is a breeze; however, it would still be easier in the water with regard
to not having to climb up and down from the boat. A much shorter (and
somewhat softer) fall too! Any pro's and con's about each method? Mike