Re: [WWP] Ballast Salt & Fresh water weight is diff

From: rogerm164@home.com
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 23:32:55 PDT

Salt water is heavier. According to the "Pocket Reference", fresh
water is 62.5 pounds per cubic foot, salt is 64.3 pounds per cubic
foot. One cubic foot of water is equal to 7.5 gallons and one gallon
weighs 8.33 pounds.

Whew! More data about water than I ever wanted to know. And there is
more in the reference that I did not list here.

Roger Metcalf
P-19 #471 "Manstoy"
Tacoma, WA
Puget Sound

--- In WWPotter@egroups.com, "Michele Sladko" <michele@w...> wrote:
> Ahh, yes, I've heard that is the case. However, I've been happy
enough
> with the
> results, and now I've added two fifty-foot lines to my ballast
collection.
> They are
> HEAVY! They are just coiled and laid up front, I don't tie them
down.
> Perhaps
> I should do so.
>
> Michele
>
> > Not quite, I think fresh water is heavier that salt water. Or
maybe it's
> the
> > other way around? I know they have different weights.
> >
> > {:^)
> >
> > SF

Whatever you want, chances are you'll find it at one of the hundreds
of sites in The PointClick Network--like Disney.com, eCost.com,
FogDog.com and many more. You get paid as you shop and an additional
10% off any purchase, anytime.