Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@boi.hp.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 06:56:12 PDT

I never actually timed myself, but from the time I pull into the setup
area until the boat is launched I estimate:

P-19 (I know this for sure ;-)
disconnect trailer electrical connection, undo straps and stow straps in
rig, undo bungees on mast, open cabin: 5 minutes
raise mast, with help from someone who has done so with me: 10 minutes
(I've never raised the mast without soneone who has already done so with
me at home)
mount engine: 5 minutes
stow additional gear in cabin (wife's stuff, honest! ;-): 5 minutes
back down and launch off trailer: 10 minutes
park rig and walk back to boat: 5 minutes
mount rudder, mess around: 10 minutes
start engine, let idle or hank on sails: 10 minutes
Cast off: 2 minutes

Estimated total: 67 minutes with crew "helping"

"helping" because some stuff they help with, the rest I just do myself.

That CAN'T be right! One hour 7 minutes? No way! I'm not hurrying, but
I'm not taking my time either. I'm definitely going to have to time it
next time! If that's correct... Ouch.

Doing it yourself in one hour 20 minutes doesn't seem so bad now, does
it? :-)

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID

Curt Westlake wrote:

> I would be interested in an HONEST poll of how long it takes
> everyone
> to get their boats rigged and in the water. So, here goes:

Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the
first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.