Re: [WWP] Set up poll

From: hlg@pacbell.net
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 21:50:16 PDT

If it is a busy ramp with limited dock space, it seems better to rig on the
trailer so that you can clear the dock more quickly.

Harry
P14 #234, Manatee
Mountain View, CA

>The question about how long it takes to rig (especially a P-15) leads me to
>ask how many folks rig on the trailer as opposed to in the water. We've
>always rigged our trailerable sailboats on the trailer but it seems (maybe
>especially so as I get less agile!) that rigging in the water sounds pretty
>sensible. On a P-15 it's pretty easy no matter where since stepping the
>mast is a breeze; however, it would still be easier in the water with regard
>to not having to climb up and down from the boat. A much shorter (and
>somewhat softer) fall too! Any pro's and con's about each method? Mike

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.