Re: [WWP] boom tents for P19

From: John Stacey (john.stacey@acad.umass.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 12:26:28 PDT

>In a message dated 4/19/00 8:58:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>john.stacey@acad.umass.edu writes:
>
><< I am looking for a pattern for a boom tent for a P-19.
> >>

>I second that Thought!
>
>My Poly Lash Up is serviceable but hardly nice to look at.
>
>Could I DREAM that this Boom Tend could be so rigged as a Bimmi so I can sail
>in the shade??
>
>Now that would be worth a LOT in Hot and Sunny SC
>
>Michael
>P19 Traveller
>Columbia SC

Back again to second Michael's thoughts.
        I too have tried the Polly lash up and found it half in the drink,
grommets missing etc, when I returned to the boat! I'm looking for anyone
that has a pattern for a boom tent that we can leave in place while moored.
One could make the case that I'm inexperienced at the lash up but the wind
gets under the tarp because it's not fitted around the mast.
        I believe I can have a boom tent made locally for much less than a
factory made (no offense) but need a pattern.
        Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated as always,

John W. Stacey
19' Potter
Peregrine
41 days