[WWP] Catamaran towing a potter

From: Thomas Bodine (tbodine@onr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 09:40:25 PDT

Here's a question which is likely to rekindle the hull speed debate.

I want to take my boat Frimi, a potter 19 down to Antigua. I thought
I'd have it shipped via container ship, but a listing of ports I found
on the internet doesn't show Antigua as having a port.

So I thought I'd have it shipped to a near by island with port
facilities. I haven't identified a port yet, but I thought about
sailing my little boat across 50 miles or more of open ocean and this
thought gave me pause.

Then I thought I might acquire a friend or hire someone with a longer
boat that could tow Frimi to Antigua. How long would it take? Puerto
Rico is 195 Mi. St Kitts is 70, Montiserrat is 35.

Regards Tom Bodine, Skipper Frimi Hull # 1019

Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com