Re: [WWP] P-19 Dagger Board Latches

From: rogerm164@home.com
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 09:46:10 PDT

I'm not sure that anyone ever came up with the right
(read "standard") size. I would think you could figure it out by
putting in a couple of the nylon bolts while the board is raised up
in the cabin, letting the weight of the board down on the bolts and
seeing if they bend. Find the largest size that doesn't bend, then
add a size or two for safety.

Roger Metcalf
P-19 #471 "Manstoy"
Tacoma, WA
Puget Sound

--- In WWPotter@egroups.com, "Alan Dimson-Doyle" <addoyle@m...> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
> The nylon bolts sounds like a good idea. I vaguely remember a
> conversation on this list about that, now that you mention it.
I'll have to
> go through the archives and see what I can find. I would imagine
they come
> in different strengths and one would have to know how much force
they should
> be able to take before breaking. Am I making this too complicated?
> Alan, P-19, "Molly Fay"
> New Englander

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!