Re: [WWP] P-15 LITTLE BULKHEADS AFT/Flotation replacement

From: SVsukoshi@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 17:04:43 PDT

Ken and fellow Potterers:

Sukoshi, a 1980 hull <#1044> has no 'little bulkheads aft'. I removed the flotation under the seats over the winter to install an adjustable motor mount and replace the aft mooring cleats <starboard plastic horn cleat was broken> with aluminum ones. Those tiny spaces are very difficult to work in and I would suggest using ports for access if practical. I had to use one port above the port seat to mount the new motor mount.

I replaced the flotation last weekend with 3 ea 2'x 8'x 2" planks of blue Dow styrofoam from Home Depot. I cut a 42" length and placed it athwartship as far back under the cockpit as it would go and then stacked <and glued with RTV> 12" lengths on each end under the seats. Four fit easily on each side and the fifth ones are wedged in such that the whole stack won't come floating out if pressed into service. I cut 4 more 24" lengths and trimmed the edge to fit the slope of the hull. I placed these vertically along the sides of the hull and up into the molded cockpit rail such that they will stay in place. I now have enough foam in the rear of the hull to float the boat if flooded and still have room for my 2 laundry baskets under the bridge deck.

Bill de Ment P-15 #1044 'Sukoshi'
Eagle Idaho

Why buy CDs? Now you can swap for them. At Switchouse.com, you can
choose from over 300,000 titles of every kind of music. Top 20 hits,
R&B, hardcore, whatever. Get the music. Forget the money. Sound good?