Re: [WWP] P-15 LITTLE BULKHEADS AFT-Hull support structures

From: SVsukoshi@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 29 2000 - 09:10:52 PDT

In a message dated 4/29/00 7:23:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
denis4x4@frontier.net writes:

<< By
 the way, a 6" round inspection plate installed at the aft end of either
 cockpit seat will allow the installation of a boarding ladder and/or an easy
 lift outboard motor mount. I use 3/4" marine plywood as a backing plate
 with the proper size stainless steel t-nuts installed for a fast, simple and
 tight installation without calling on a double jointed friend to help! >>

What a great Idea! However, I didn't have room betwixt the transom and the
inside of the cockpit/liner <just enough clearance for the nylock nuts and
fender washers ~5/8">. Sukoshi also only has 1/2" ply reinforcing on about
1/2 of the transom so a reinforcing plate would have to be 'stepped' to fit.
I think your idea could have been adopted, if I had thought of it. Maybe a
combo of 1/2" ply and 1/8" aluminum plate would have worked in my case. BTW,
a 10 year old kid also works well as long as you QA their work and make sure
the nylock nuts are put on in the right direction ;^)

Bill de Ment P-15 #1044 'Sukoshi'
Eagle, Idaho