[WWP] P-19 Forestay Adjustment

From: Bruce ParkJr (bjrpark@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 07:26:29 PDT

Hi Everybody,

I finally managed to get enough yard work done, that I
did my first practice rig yesterday.
I'm hoping that some of you can help me with the
following:
Upon fastening the forestay (with CDI roller furler)I
had to pull pretty hard to fasten it. When I did a
visual from the mast step, I saw that I actually had
(gulp..I hate to admit this) nearly a 2-1/2" forward
bend. No wonder I couldn't point worth a dang at the
end of the season last year. How do I adjust the
length of the forestay with the CDI roller furler
attached? Is there a certain look to the mast that I
should be looking for? I don't have any tension gauges
or anything like that and do the whole shebang by
visual and feel.
Also, concerning the baby stays: how tight should they
be when the mast is stepped?
That's it for now. Thank you to everybody in advance
for your help!

Bruce
P-19 #969
South Central Michigan