Re: [WWP] Re: Snark Sailboats. (formerly part of Potter 19 Manual and Specs.)

From: Bill Blohm (bblohm@boi.hp.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 10:38:53 PDT

Well blow me down! It appears that the first boat I owned was a Snark
and I didn't even know it! It appears I had a Super Snark. My mom bought
it and handed it off to me, as I was the sailor in the family. I taught
her to sail with it, and had a lot of fun with it. Eventually it got too
heavy to launch, and when I cut the skin, water poured out. Eventually I
wound up scavenging off it, I still have the mast step, some fittings,
the lateen sail and booms. The hull wound up cut up and hauled off.

Definitely a fun boat, and it screams along in heavy wind if you handle
it right.

Bill B.
P-19 #454, Dream Catcher
Nampa, ID

solarfry@aol.com wrote:

> For those of you interested in Snark sailboats and Snark sailboat parts I am
> including a website address for Snark Sailboats.
>
> <A HREF="http://www.castlecraft.com/index.html">CastleCraft | Snark
> sailboats, Tinker inflatables, Michicraft and Sportspal Canoes, Meyers
> fishing boats, Trailex trailers, </A>
>
> For direct acess to their Snark page:
>
> <A HREF="http://www.castlecraft.com/page2.html">CastleCraft | Sailboats by
> Snark and Tinker</A>

> http://www.castlecraft.com/page2.html

Nick Price plays Chipshot.com clubs, shouldn't you? Try a
custom-fit 7-iron from Chipshot.com for only $25! 30-day money
back guarantee.