Re: [WWP] Molly Fay Arrives Home

From: solarfry@aol.com
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 14:08:05 PDT

I see no response to your query. So here is a short reply.

The drain hole on cockpit floor will not allow water in until you place more
than three adults there. With fourth adult a little water may come in but not
enought to be concerned about. However, you may buy a small drain plug at any
marine store and plug hole from outside of stern if you are concerned. The
second hole down from drain hole in transom should be plugged before
launching at it is a hull drain hole to let water out (or in if not plugged)
from inside boat. Otherwise... GLUG GLUG!

If yours is a new boat cranking keel up a bit will allow release of bolts.
You should lower keel before you raise (install) any sails on boat. If you
raise sails with keel up you may find boat will not point or may flip on its
side. Keel down before sails are up! Remember that!

If boat has correct winch system keel will remain where you place it without
having to hang onto winch. In effect you must crank keel down.

You should not go sailing the first time with winds over 15 MPH. Once you get
a lil experience you can go out in any kinda weather.

Have fun with your Potter.

Best
SF
In a message dated 5/2/00 10:52:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,